Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Are you looking to buy Inside Scientology: The Story of America's Most Secretive Religion? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Inside Scientology: The Story of America's Most Secretive Religion. Check out the link below:
>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers
Inside Scientology: The Story of America's Most Secretive Religion ReviewInside Scientology: The Story of America's Most Secretive Religion is objective, nonbiased and well written. It will raise the blood pressure of the management of Scientology, as well as the hairs on the arms of those unfamiliar with what goes on inside.I heartedly whipped through this informative book and I highly recommend for general readers,as well as current and former members.
The most important thing I came away with after reading it was that this well researched and written book is an must read for anyone wanting to know why Scientology is so controversial.
The subject and history of Scientology and it's leaders current and past, is such that it would fill volumes. So, I think Janet Reitman accomplished, in good part, what she set out to do with this book:
"It has been my goal to write the first objective modern history of the Church of Scientology," Reitman proclaims in her introduction. "It is the goal of Inside Scientology to translate [L. Ron Hubbard's arcane] language and separate myth from fact."
What to include must have been a real dilemma. As a former member, I just wish there had been more. But for the outsider wanting to know the inside story of the secretive religion called Scientology, they will come away very informed and quite surprised. It does not provide all that there is to know but she provides the essential information and gives the reader enough so that they will have an historical understanding. She compliments earlier works and provides such that one will want to read up on previous works if they have not read them already.
She really did her homework. Hence the large Notes Section and 'Selected Bibliography at the end of the book. Additionally, the internet played a large part in the history of Scientology and she provides information on where to find information, as well.
Reitman does a very good job on the things she covers and for those not intimately aware of the cult as I am, the book provides riviting accounts of members recollections aided by well researched information on the organization, it's policies, procedures and culture. She does this in the most unbiased manner and backs up her work with meticulous researched references.
I was glad to see that she included interviews and information which I either did not expect to be in it, or never knew about before. I was also dismayed that certain events and names were not mentioned but, as I said, it would take volumns. She did her best to fit in what she could without overwhelming the reader. Shje explains scientologese and did it in a very easy to digest style. The research is excellent, as well. The book flows and is an enjoyable read. All that says a lot about this book and the author.Inside Scientology: The Story of America's Most Secretive Religion Overview
Want to learn more information about Inside Scientology: The Story of America's Most Secretive Religion?
>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now
0 comments:
Post a Comment